Following the CA Governor’s June 15th announcement, CDC guidelines, and the CA Department of Public Health, the Herrick Library has updated its visiting guidelines below.
For everyone’s safety:
- Unvaccinated and not fully vaccinated individuals must wear a mask inside the Library, its meeting rooms, and auditorium.
- Fully vaccinated* individuals can go unmasked, but may choose to wear a mask.
- Children under 2 years old and people with certain medical conditions are not required to wear a mask regardless of vaccination status.
*Fully vaccinated means two weeks or more after the 2nd dose of Pfizer/Moderna vaccine or 2 weeks after a single dose of J&J vaccine
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed at the front service desk and between the public computers.
- The small study rooms are open, but the Library meeting room and conference room remain closed at this time.
- No open containers of food or drink are allowed inside the Library. Drinks with a lid are permitted.
- Returned Library items will be disinfected and quarantined for 24 hours.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes are available for use throughout the Library.
- Computer workstations will be available on a first come/first serve basis with a two hour per day time limit, and will be disinfected after each use. WiFi is available throughout the Library.
- Curbside Pickup of library items will continue to be available during open Library hours.
- Stay home if you’re experiencing any symptoms of illness.
- Wash or disinfect your hands frequently.
- Ask library staff for assistance -we’re here to help!