Staying Mentally Healthy by Susan Davis
Does it seem like life has gotten more confusing and demanding lately? Sometimes it can feel like there are so many things to pay attention to and get anxious about, such as rising prices, disastrous weather events, and even the surprising emotional impact of the pandemic on us and those we love. At the Grossmont Healthcare District Health & Wellness Library, we understand and are here to help you get the information you need to stay healthy in body and mind.
Worries and stress can have an impact on your physical health as well as your mental health. We have information to help you be prepared, get ready for an unexpected disaster, or get through a possible future difficult situation. This preparation can help ease your worries, develop resilience, and help you and those around you be calmer in the face of unexpected events.
We have authoritative books, DVDs, online resources, and free brochures to help you prepare, to make emergency plans, gather emergency items, learn how to stay safe in excessive heat or other unusual situations. You may need to deal with anxiety or stress or loneliness, to be prepared for the needs of an elderly, disabled, or young person you are responsible for, and so much more. Come on in and find helpful resources such as these:
Find books, such as:
- Emergency Preparedness: Being Ready and Staying Safe
- The Anxiety First Aid Kit: Quick Tools for Extreme, Uncertain Times
- Anxiety Relief Book for Kids: Activities to Understand and Overcome Worry, Fear, and Stress
Or DVDs, such as:
- Fall prevention in the hospital and at home
- Relax and De-stress
We have free brochures, such as:
- Preparing Makes Sense for Older Americans – Get Ready Now (FEMA)
- Stay Safe in Cold Weather from the National Institute on Aging (NIA)
- Personal Disaster Plan for People Who May Need Assistance (San Diego County)
- Understanding Loneliness and Isolation (NIH)
And you can access eBooks, such as:
- Dr. Disaster’s Guide to Surviving Everything: Essential Advice for Any Situation Life Throws at You.
- Life is in the Transitions: mastering change at any age / Bruce Feiler.
Our Library staff are ready to help with information online from Medline Plus, CDC, FDA, NIH, the Mayo Clinic, and many others, either by helping you search or providing the information for you. We are here to help!